Paqmi Nuqyuk is a Ktunaxa term which means to Blossom or burst from the ground, much like a developing child. We provide Aboriginal Early years Services by way of self-referral to families with children ages 0-6, self-identifying as First Nations, Metis, or Inuit, living in the following areas: Cranbrook/Kimberley; Creston; lnvermere; Fernie/Grasmere.
The Paqmi Nuqyuk Aboriginal Early Year’s Program provides a positive start to a new life and encourages strong and healthy families with connection to culture and language, positive growth and development and great long-term outcomes for children and families by offering services in these key areas:
- Early developmental/social-emotional screening and assessment for children ages birth – 6 years;
- Specific developmental programs focused on early and healthy attachment, parent and child development, and kindergarten readiness and transition;
- Age appropriate culture and language resources and programming;
- Group based child and parent programming; Special training and events throughout the year pertaining to the Early Years;
- Aboriginal Infant Development Services (0-3 yrs);
- Aboriginal Supported Child Development Services (3-6 yrs);
- Certified car seat inspections;
- Referrals to a wide range of child based health services such as Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, etc.
For more info on our program and services, please contact: Aboriginal Early Years Services @ (250) 489-4563 (Toll free 1-800-489-4563)