Youth and Family Counsellor – Foundry (Cranbrook, BC)
Who We Are:
Foundry is removing barriers and increasing access to health and wellness services for young people ages 12–24 and their caregivers through a network of youth-friendly centres across British Columbia and online. By offering integrated mental health care, substance use services, physical and sexual health care, youth and family peer support and social services, Foundry makes it easier for young people to find support in their communities. Online resources and first-of-its-kind virtual care further broaden Foundry’s reach.
Ktunaxa Kinbasket Child & Family Service Society (KKCFSS) is a non-profit Delegated Aboriginal Agency governed by the Ktunaxa Nation Council Social Sector Board. KKCFSS is available to Ktunaxa citizens, First Nations, Métis and Inuit living on and off-reserve in the Ktunaxa Traditional Territory.
KKCFSS believes in a holistic approach to providing services with some fundamental beliefs:
- Healthy communities make healthy children.
- Children are the future of our, and all, nations.
- Children have the right to a safe, secure and culturally appropriate family and community experience.
- Children have the right to grow up connected to their family, community and culture.
- Families have the right to culturally relevant services.
The Opportunity: KKCFSS is looking for a Youth and Family Counsellor to provide a range of mental health services to youth who are experiencing mental health challenges. The clinicians work as part of a multidisciplinary community team, to provide culturally appropriate individual, family and group counselling. This Position will be based out of Foundry East Kootenay.
In the Role as Youth Counsellor, You Will:
- Conduct assessment, provide intake services, case management and consultation, treatment, family therapy and education, referral to day treatment programs, in-home support, and parenting programs.
- Perform intake evaluations and assessments.
- Develop culturally sensitive treatment and case management plans.
- Provide cultural support and clinical counselling.
- Initiate and participating in case conferences/meetings with clients and family.
- Provide information to the general public, consulting with other health providers, collaborating with colleagues and liaising with schools, Ministry of Children and Family Development, physicians, community agencies, hospitals, and other service providers.
- Provide clinical counselling on and off reserve, throughout the Ktunaxa ʔamaʔkis.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- Master’s degree (from an accredited educational institution) in an Behavioral or Social Science field relevant to the position.
- Minimum two (2) years of recent experience in a health setting working with complex care clients with a combination of mental health and/or addiction issues.
- Sound knowledge of aboriginal issues both historical and current in British Columbia and Canada.
- Experience working with indigenous communities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- A commitment to confidentiality.
- A valid drivers’ license and clean driver’s abstract – travel is a requirement of this position.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Experience with Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
Our Commitment to You:
- Excellent compensation package.
- Generous and flexible time off options unique to KKCFSS, promoting work life family balance.
- Education and professional development opportunities.
- Starting Salary of $73,812-$80,938.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Tasy Strouzas, HR Manager
Ktunaxa Kinbasket Child and Family Service Society
7472 Mission Road
Cranbrook, BC V1C 7E5
Preference will be given to candidates of Ktunaxa or other First Nations ancestry. If you are a Ktunaxa citizen who is interested in this opportunity but do not feel you have the necessary qualifications, please contact the Ktunaxa Nation Council Education and Employment Sector.
We thank those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.