Wellness Outreach Worker – Foundry (Cranbrook, BC)
Full-Time/Permanent – 35 hours/week
Who We Are:
Foundry is removing barriers and increasing access to health and wellness services for young people ages 12–24 and their caregivers through a network of youth-friendly centres across British Columbia and online. By offering integrated mental health care, substance use services, physical and sexual health care, youth and family peer support and social services, Foundry makes it easier for young people to find support in their communities. Online resources and first-of-its-kind virtual care further broaden Foundry’s reach.
Ktunaxa Kinbasket Child & Family Service Society (KKCFSS) is a non-profit Delegated Aboriginal Agency governed by the Ktunaxa Nation Council Social Sector Board. KKCFSS is available to Ktunaxa citizens, First Nations, Métis and Inuit living on and off-reserve in the Ktunaxa Traditional Territory.
KKCFSS believes in a holistic approach to providing services with some fundamental beliefs:
- Healthy communities make healthy children.
- Children are the future of our, and all, nations.
- Children have the right to a safe, secure and culturally appropriate family and community experience.
- Children have the right to grow up connected to their family, community and culture.
- Families have the right to culturally relevant services.
The Opportunity: Foundry East Kootenay is looking for a Wellness Outreach Worker to provide support to youth and their families. In coordination with other community agencies and professionals, provides a range of mental health services, including: assessment, and crisis intervention; consultation/liaison with community agencies, schools, hospitals, and other programs.
In the Role as Mental Health Outreach Worker, You Will:
- Function as part of the mental health team and supporting the clinicians in Cranbrook, BC.
- Provide intake assessment and front line support to youth, and education to families to strengthen connection and understanding of Mental Health issues.
- Provide assessment of basic issues relating to suicide intervention and prevention.
- Consults/liaises with community.
- Maintains appropriate clinical/client/administrative records.
- Provides direct consultation/liaison with community agencies, schools, hospitals, and other ministry programs.
- Promote and maintain effective working relationships with clients and families, physicians, schools and hospitals to coordinate services, secure input, cooperation, resolve conflicts, influence outcomes, provide community consultation and provide educational services and training on emotional and behavioral disturbances.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- BSW or related experience and education.
- Minimum two (2) years of recent experience in a health setting working with complex care clients with a combination of mental health and/or addiction issues.
- CCI attachment related framework would be an asset.
- Sound knowledge of aboriginal issues both historical and current in British Columbia and Canada.
- Experience working with indigenous communities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- A commitment to confidentiality.
- A valid drivers’ license and clean driver’s abstract – travel is a requirement of this position.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Our Commitment to You:
- Excellent compensation package.
- Generous and flexible time off options unique to KKCFSS, promoting work life family balance.
- Education and professional development opportunities.
- Starting Salary of $44,003 to $50,291.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Tasy Strouzas, HR Manager
Ktunaxa Kinbasket Child and Family Service Society
7472 Mission Road
Cranbrook, BC V1C 7E5
Preference will be given to candidates of Ktunaxa or other First Nations ancestry. If you are a Ktunaxa citizen who is interested in this opportunity but do not feel you have the necessary qualifications, please contact the Ktunaxa Nation Council Education and Employment Sector.
We thank those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.