Mental Health Outreach Worker
Cranbrook, B.C. (ʔaq̓am)
Full Time – Permanent
KKCFSS is looking for a Mental Health Outreach Worker to provide support to children, youth and their families. In coordination with other community agencies and professionals, provides a range of mental health services, including: assessment, and crisis intervention; consultation/liaison with community agencies, schools, hospitals, and other programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions as part of the mental health team and supporting the clinicians in Cranbrook, BC.
- Provide intake assessment and front line counselling, support, education to families to strengthen connection and understanding of Mental Health issues.
- Run the Foundry Youth Advisory Committee
- Foster and maintain the youth voices in the development of Foundry
- Provide assessment of basic issues relating to suicide intervention and prevention.
- Consults/liaises with community.
- Maintains appropriate clinical/client/administrative records.
- Provides direct consultation/liaison with community agencies, schools, hospitals, and other ministry programs
- Promotes and maintains effective working relationships with clients and families, physicians, schools and hospitals to coordinate services, secure input, cooperation, resolve conflicts, influence outcomes, provide community consultation and provide educational services and training on emotional and behavioral disturbances.
- BSW or related experience and education.
- Minimum two (2) years of recent experience in a health setting working with complex care clients with a combination of mental health and/or addiction issues.
- CCI attachment related framework would be an asset.
- Sound knowledge of aboriginal issues both historical and current in British Columbia and Canada.
- Experience working with aboriginal community.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- A commitment to confidentiality.
- A valid drivers’ license and clean driver’s abstract – travel is a requirement of this position.
CLOSING DATE: October 19th , 2021 4:30pm MST
Please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting “Mental Health Outreach Worker” in the subject line, telling us what attracts you to the position and how your experiences relate:
Ktunaxa Kinbasket Child & Family Services Society
7472 Mission Road
Cranbrook, BC V1C 7E5
Preference will be given to candidates of Ktunaxa or other First Nations ancestry. If you are a Ktunaxa citizen who is interested in this opportunity but do not feel you have the necessary qualifications, please contact the Ktunaxa Nation Council Education and Employment Sector.
We thank those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.