Bill C-92 Community Liaison – Part Time – 6 Month Term (Cranbrook)
Who We Are:
Ktunaxa Kinbasket Child & Family Services (KKCFSS) is a non-profit Delegated Aboriginal Agency governed by the Ktunaxa Nation Council Social Sector Board. KKCFSS is available to Ktunaxa citizens, First Nations, Métis and Inuit living on and off-reserve in the Ktunaxa Traditional Territory.
Bill C-92 – An Act respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis children, youth and families will finally enshrine into law what Indigenous peoples across Canada have asked of governments for decades: to affirm and recognize their jurisdiction over child and family services in which the Ktunaxa Nation has decided to pursue.
The Bill C-92 Community Liaison will connect with communities throughout the Ktunaxa ʔamakʔis to share information on Bill C-92, and engage in conversation around the impacts of Bill C 92 and building custom law around children and families.
In the role as Bill C-92 Community Liaison, you will:
- Support data collection and analytical activities to better understand the scope of children’s needs and service gaps
- Engage Indigenous people within the community members and within Ktunaxa ʔamakʔis
- Work closely with the KKCFSS Governance Transition Manager
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- Experience working with Ktunaxa, Shuswap and Metis people of all ages
- Sound knowledge of Aboriginal issues both historical and current in British Columbia and Canada
- Flexibility to work any hours
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- A commitment to confidentiality
- A valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract – travel is a requirement of this position
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination
Our Commitment to You:
- Excellent Salary
- Generous and flexible time off options promoting work life family balance
- A kind and respectful workplace
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit ancestry.
This position will remain open until filled.
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity, what specific skills and experience you will bring, and how your qualifications will make you successful in this role.
Submit your resume and cover letter by email to:
Tasha Olderness, Executive /HR Assistant
Ktunaxa Kinbasket Child and Family Service Society
7472 Mission Road
Cranbrook, BC V1C 7E5
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.